Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy/Sad



The Paper Forest Blog makes me very happy. The fact that I never take action and construct anything I see on the Paper Forest Blog makes me a little sad. I like to think that I am proactive about embracing things that interest me, but my voyeuristic relationship with Paper Forest forces me to face the fact that I sometimes remain passive even in the presence of great inspiration.  The situation is indicative of a number of areas where my laziness wins out over my sense of motivation. For example, I love to discover new restaurants, but I usually choose to eat at some convenient place. Artistic expression and entrepreneurship (both of which are components of my work with Baby Tattoo) require an individual to take action on his or her interests rather than just contemplating them. Here's a thought if you are an artist or an entrepreneur reading this...

Do as I say; don't do as I do. Visit the Paper Forest Blog and find something to make, and then go eat something new.

No comments: